Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun in NC

Vicky and I set out on Wednesday August 11th for Ridgecrest, NC to babysit for Isaac, Aleah, and Lillie while Dustin and Jamey directed Internationa Youth Camp. We went a little early to have a relaxing trip and get the room set up and some food purchased before we got the kiddos so we could consecrate on them and having fun with them. We went to the playground numerous times and then took them to the Fun Depot and to play miniture golf at Ridgecrest. We had soooo much fun with them but felt much like we had been thru boot camp since we are out of shape, old and the terrain there is mountainous........lol

I'm adding some pictures that may give a little insight of the beauty there , however , I am not a very good photographer and don't do it justice. We decided to visit Biltmore Mansion as a tribute to Trent. He researched it on the internet and had most of the dimensions memorized. It was great! We were able to destress even tho it was a very strenous experience itself. This pic is of a flower carpet that they make with potted flowers.

This is a pic of the outside, we weren't allowed to take pic's of the inside but it was very interesting and showed the character of the owners, Though they were very rich they had hospitality for all their guest and it had more of a home feel than other mansions that I have visited.

I didn't take pic's of the General Assembly tho many people did and they are great. It was one of the best assemblies that I have attended. It seemed relaxed and sort of a camp atmosphere. We stayed on the grounds there in an apartment and was shuttled back and forth to the services. We were able to eat in the room and I was shocked at how much "gluten free" food I was able to get so that kept me feeling good and in turn kept me going.
North Carolina is a very beautiful state and the people were friendly and the Church members seemed so spiritual and blessed. I loved EVERY session of the Assembly!
God Bless everyone and until next time Go with God and He will go with you.

No comments: