Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fun times

Okay we're back home and I have to say that we had a great time. We went to Colorado Springs first to visit Dustin and Jamey and the kiddos. Our stay there is never long enough because no matter what we are going to miss seeing them as often as we want to. We enjoyed visiting the Colo. Springs church and seeing everyone there again, Church of God folks are just like family you feel that you have known them forever and feel so at home with them.

After we left Dus and Jameys we headed south for a long drive. We had some WONDERFUL mexican food at Raton, New Mexico for lunch and then drove to Las Vegas, New Mexico and looked at the old depot there and an antique store.

The next day we headed south to Las Cruces and then east and we went thru a beautiful area of mountains. We stopped at a town called Cloudcroft and it was so neat a normal functioning town that was built like an old town. You felt like you were actually in the clouds. Snow was still on the side of the mountains and people were sliding down the mountain. (a new way to ski I guess..........lol)

The whole trip was fun and relaxing but I was so glad to get home I decided that.
No matter what you see
or where you may roam
I've found myself
theres no place like home.
Okay back to our normal routine we started out by getting our drivers license' renewed . Mine was pretty simple but not so with my husband he decided that since he wasn't going to work anymore that he would drop his CDL so you would think that it would be a simple thing to do but no, we had to drive to Claremore and go to the Department of public safety to do that . we took a number and waited. And as we were sitting there I realized that they never ask you to change your weight or haircolor or anything (I guess the picture takes care of the haircolor) so I told my husband that they put my weight at 115 again and I haven't weighed that for a while. So of course I started to have fun with that and said that I could just see some highway patrol pulling someone over and fining them extra for not having the right weight on their license. And I figured if it was me he would say "and you aren't near this tall" and I would say, "well if I was that tall the weight would be right" so of course I got tickled and had to go to the car and leave my husband to wait by himself....good thing his number was next.
Okay so much for my sillyness I'll blog more later when I stop laughing.............heehee

3 comments:

d_lhays said...

Glad you guys had a good trip. Talk about long. I can so picture you and Pop sitting there and start to crack up and you have to leave. Well see ya this weekend. love you guys

cokelady said...

Hey, you passed right by our place in your travels. Next time give us a call! You'd be welcome to stay with us--or we could at least meet you for lunch somewhere! :-)

Sounds like you had a great trip. I LOVE Cloudcroft--it's gorgeous there. And 20 degrees cooler than Alamogordo down in the valley 15 miles away! LOVE THAT!

Gram (Connie M) said...

Thanks Becki, maybe we will be able to do that sometime.