Friday, February 13, 2009

Talk about a challenge

Okay you talk about a challenge my husband can't have sugar and I can't have gluten, dairy, or soy so try to cook meals and desserts with that! Well last night we wanted dessert and I found this recipe using corn starch instead of flour for Lemon Meringue pie so I made a "crustless" lemon meringue pie using half sugar and half splenda it turned out great! My husband was so excited he loves dessert cause when you shouldn't eat sugar you seem to crave it. Okay also a sister from our local church sent me this recipe via e-mail and I've tried it with the variations that we need and it is good and soooo easy especially for one or two people so I'm gonna include it. Hope some one can enjoy it too.

Microwave "cup" cake

1 coffee mug

4 Tbsp cake flour (plain not self-rising) or gluten free flour

4 Tbsp sugar or splenda

2 Tbsp cocoa (I use carob powder instead)

1 egg

3 Tbsp milk ( I use vanilla rice milk)

3 Tbsp oil

small splash of vanilla

3 Tbsp chocolate chips or you can use nuts, or coconut (the choc chips just makes it more gooey and chocolatey)

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with fork.

Add egg, mix thoroughly.

pour in milk and oil and vanilla, mix well.

Add chips if using.

Put mug in microwave, and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts.

Cake will rise over top of mug-do not be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little (I don't I turn it out on a plate and add marg. or butter to it)

enjoy

Quick and good I hope some of you can enjoy it and feel free to add variations it seems to work any way that we tried it. It sometimes is a little chewy and I even used applesauce instead of the oil and it seemed to make it more soft and moist and you don't have the extra fat.

Buy heart cups and make a quick sweetheart dessert at candlelight how romantic.

Well until lata have a great weekend attend Church and God Bless

3 comments:

Jamey said...

Hey gram,
That recipe sounds yummy! What are you guys big Valentines plans? Love ya

Momma Tammi said...

Sounds like something I might have to try. Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day!

Gram (Connie M) said...

Well Jamey we're not sure yet Pop wants to go to Red Lobster and thats my favorite place but I would rather wait til Monday and skip the crowd and we may just to to Mia's and get froglegs yummy either way.........lol